Unclench yourself

Friday, October 06, 2006

Applied Clenching: Service Orders

As it is my first post I feel it is important to lay my cards on the table and declare my own personal clenching status, namely Unclenched-Clenched (see below no. 2).

Now we've got that out of the way we can get down to business. It is of course self-evident that the clenched in me DELIGHTS in the direction and structure provided by a service order so usefully produced at a certain kind of church.

However, by the same token, all that is unclenched within me REJOICES in the inadvertant mirth caused by missing consonants, or other kind of typos.

It is therefore with great pleasure that I post the following heading, from a Harvest Service Order at a church with which I am acquainted:

"Reception of the Harvest gits."

Unfortunately I wasn't present at that point in the service so have no way of knowing whether any "gits" were presented, but it strikes me that the way it was handled would no doubt have been a good general indicator of clenchedness.

Glad I've got that off my chest...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home